This summer, The Hawley Silk Mill’s underground theater will feature two concerts showcasing the same performers in one night as curated by Harmony Presents. “We’re bringing back our heavy-hitters; performers who have previously enchanted our audiences, had full crowds during the off-season and represent the wide variety of musical taste in the region from spirit lifting Folk-Americana to the hottest electronic jam band fusion. We’re also showcasing two new bands to our roster, who have significant notoriety in the North East ,” says Jill Carletti, Managing Director of Harmony Presents. “This past year, many of our shows were sold out with wait lists. Of course, this is good news, but we want everyone who would like to see our shows to be able to get in and enjoy the experience. We know it’s just going to get busier for the summer season, so this is our solution.”
The first show of the night will begin at 6:00pm and the second show will begin at 8:30pm. Exception: The Nat Osborn Band’s first show of the night will begin at 6:30pm and the second show will begin at 8:30pm. The Harmony Presents “Two-Shows-In-One-Night” schedule follows:
- Saturday, June 20th – Montana Skies – “Pink Floyd to Vivaldi Classical Rock Fusion”
Wowing Carnegie Hall, this phenomenal duo combines elements of classical technique, jazz improv and the power and energy of rock n’ roll.
- Saturday July 11th – Spuyten Duyvil – “Six Piece Powerhouse!” Barn Burning, Original and traditional American Roots music blends Olde Time, Blues, 2nd Line, Bluegrass, and Folk Rock with a pinch of Punk Rock energy to create a uniquely modern mix.
- Saturday, July 18th – Burning Bridget Cleary – Crackerjack fiddle work, tightly woven harmonies, driving rhythm and bass end, nominated “Top Traditional Group in a Pub, Festival, or Concert” one of the hottest acts on the Celtic and folk music circuits.
- Saturday, July 25th – The Gold Magnolias – A few southern boys in New York City, evokes artists as recent phenoms The Alabama Shakes and soul-stalwarts like Fats Domino and James Brown. A true melting pot of blues, soul, dance and funk, don’t miss this wild ride!
- Saturday, August 1st – Wade Preston – of “Movin’ Out!” the Broadway show and Billy Joel’s back-up delivers an impeccable show with your favorite tunes and original compositions. It’s not often a man can sit in front of a piano and command full attention!
- Saturday, August 8th – Coal Town Rounders – Occupy a space in time with a foundational repertoire of bluegrass material and their unique and hard-driving sound.They have shared the stage with nationally touring acts like the Carolina Chocolate Drops, The Lumineers and The Grascals, you don’t want to miss this show!
- Saturday, August 15th – Nat Osborn Band (7 Piece Band) – Dave Matthews Band opener and king of funky, spicy, hypnotic ballads about heartbreak, polyrhythmic Latin-rock, & drunken tangos about destitute desire. Osborn’s raspy vocals, euphoric hooks, matched the band’s dangerously tight rhythm section and powerful three piece horn section. They’ve performed with the likes of Paul Simon, Wynton Marsalis, Ludacris, and Marc Broussard.
- Friday, August 21st – Driftwood From the Binghamton, New York music scene, a band with a rock n’ roll soul, folk art mind, unique raw sounds to the Americana/roots music scene. Incorporating upright bass, banjo, acoustic guitar and violin-shredding performances galvanize fans. The group’s stage dynamics are as captivating as the songs. “There’s a reason people won’t let them off the stage”, says Jess Novak from The Syracuse New Times.
Harmony Presents concerts and shows take place in the beautiful & historic Boiler Room at the Hawley Silk Mill located in the underground theater at 8 Silk Mill Drive in Hawley, overlooking the falls shared with Ledges Hotel. Audiences are encouraged to arrive early for preferred seating. Tickets for shows range between $16 to $22. Tickets can be purchased in advance online at www.harmonypresents.com or in person at AMSkier Insurance Agency located at 209 Main Ave. in Hawley. Cocoon caters wine, beer, snacks and mixed drinks on site at the shows. Advance tickets may serve as a coupon for 20% off at Ledges Hotel before or after the show, depending upon show time. For more information, or help purchasing tickets, please call Harmony Presents at (570) 588-8077.